Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Adoption poem

This saturday will be 2 years since we started our adoption. I can't believe it will be 2 years. I cannot wait till I get the phone call saying we can go pick up our son and daughter. Some days it seems as if this will never happen and in other ways it feels like "oh my god, I am not ready, there is so much to do and buy." There are beds to buy, dressers to buy, kitchen reno to start, bedrooms to paint, windows to put in, siding to put on, dining room to construct, and the list of course goes on and on. My kids keep me really busy that I don't have much time to sit around and think of all of this that has to be done before spring. I am estimating that we will go fly to Ethiopia in April or May.

I am writing a poem for our kids and here is one of them:
I am so in love with you
I stare at your picture and
I am amazed I get this
Wonderful gift of love
Seeing your smile makes
Me smile and I cannot wait
Till the day I
Get to hold you In my arms
You are a true blessing
Without you my family would
Not be complete
So thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment