Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

We are very excited to be the proud parents of 4 wonderfully beautiful children. I feel really blessed to be able to adopt from Ethiopia. This is our story, it may be boring at times, but really interesting at other times. We have a five year old girl named Gracie and a 3 year old girl named Holly. We first decided to adopt in 2003. We were currently looking after foster kids at the time. The kids would come and go and we knew that we wanted something permanent. We started our home study in 2003. We got pregnant and had to put the adoption on hold. We then decided to start our family and stopped being foster parents and focus all of our attention on our new family. 22 months later we had our second child. I am diabetic and the pregnancy was very hard on my body (numbness in my feet and hands for months after giving birth). I was told by my doctor's that I shouldn't have another baby. Right after my second pregnancy I wanted to have another baby. Feeling the way I did, I knew this was not an option. So we began looking into international adoption. At first I didn't know if we could afford it, but we looked into it more carefully and decided this was what we really wanted, and we couldn't put a price on our happiness.



We Began our adoption in November 2007. That is when we signed the forms and sent them to CAFAC to start our adoption. We knew at that time adoptions were taking about 24 months to complete and we wanted our kids to be close in age so we thought this was the best choice. Our dossier was sent to Ethiopia in June of 2008. It took 15 months shy of 1 day to get the call that we have been waiting,which seemed like for ever. I just talked to CAFAC a week before to check up and make sure that they haven't forgot about us. They told me that we would likely be waiting 18 months plus. We were approved for 1 child under 18 months or siblings 0-5 years. On September 8, 2009 our social worker from Prince Albert contacted me and told me that they have a referral for me. I was shocked beyond belief. My heart began to flutter and I felt like crying. He told me to go check my computer and go aver all the information that they sent me and they were going to phone me tomorrow to see what we thought. I immediately went to the computer. It took me some time but I got all the information. We are proud parents of a 6 year old girl(December 27, 2003) and a 3 year old boy (August 10, 2006). I immediately phoned my husband and of course I couldn't reach him. The biggest news and I couldn't reach him no where. So I text him and then he phones me right back. I told him. My family was so excited for us. Since then we have signed the acceptance papers, paid the fees, finished the immigration. I hold a picture in my purse that I show to complete strangers. Sometimes I get so excited and I tell people that we are adopting from Ethiopia people are shocked and don't know what to say. I forget that not all people are as excited as we are.

On November 3, 2009 we got an update on our kids. It has been 2 months since we got our referral. They have both grew a lot. They both shot up 3 cm, and have both gained 2kg. The new picture that we got was breath taking. They are both smiling and happy, quite a difference from the first pictures. Hopefully in the next few weeks we will hear of a court date.

No comments:

Post a Comment